By using this website, you acknowledge that you have received notice of this policy.
In order to supply our service, we need some information from you and about your pets. The types of personal information we collect from you will depend on the circumstances in which you provide your personal information, the service and the kind of pet that you have requested from us.
In general, the personal information that we may collect about you includes, but is not limited to your name, your contact details (including phone numbers, email addresses and physical address) and information about your pet’s Name, Age and Medical Records. The Information is only collected on our Website and our Booking System, not by Google, Facebook or similar Companies.
If you provide personal information to us about another person (such as Second Contact or Emergency Contact) then you are responsible for making that individual aware that you have disclosed their personal information to us and that we can use their information as set out in this policy. Please direct them to this policy.
Uses of Personal Information
Unless we have your permission (or it is otherwise required by law) your personal information will only be used by us for purposes related to supplying you with our service and keep you up-to-date with such services for the future.
We use Third Party Service Providers to Host our Website and provide Services like a Booking System.
The following Companies are involved in the service we provide:
- Digital Ocean (Hosting)
- ProPetWare (Booking Software)
- ANZ FastPay (when you use CreditCard or EFTPOS Payment)
- Paypal (when you use Paypal Payment)
- For Analytics: Google, Facebook & Heatmap (see Chapter Analytics for Details)
In order to fulfil the purposes listed above, we may disclose your personal information to (but not limited to) the following:
- Our related companies;
- Baycorp or similar debt collection agency in case of non-payment of an invoice for provided services
- disclosed Companies used by us to provide the service limited to the data that these companies need to provide such service
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties for the above purposes, this will be on a strictly confidential basis and only in the scope necessary.
Links to other websites
Our website provides links to other websites for your convenience and assistance. If you use these links then you will leave our website. Please note that these websites may have different security and privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility and/or any liability for any information that you divulge to these websites and how these websites or the organisations that own and manage those websites may collect or use your personal information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these websites
We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned about activities on our website, for example, abnormal website usage patterns or attempted website security breaches.
Google Analytics and Facebook use automated tools and methods (including by issuing cookies from their own servers), to track information about visitors to our website. This means that when you visit this website, these automated tools and methods will collect and transmit anonymous information about you, your use of and interactions with, this website and the internet to Google’s and/or Facebook data collection servers. PetVilla then receives aggregated forms of this data. If you want more information regarding Google Analytics, please review How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.
PetVilla may use, from time to time, the following Google Analytics Advertising Features:
- Remarketing: This feature enables PetVilla and other third parties, to show PetVilla’s advertisements to you, while you browse the web, based on your previous visits to PetVilla’s website and your interests.
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting or DoubleClick Campaign Manager or similar Services provided by Facebook: This feature reports on the interaction between you, PetVilla advertisements on the web generally and your visits to this website so as to enable us to assess how effective our advertisements are.
- Demographics and Interest Reporting: This feature collects demographic information about you (age, gender and interests) to enable us to analyse behaviour by attribute and (if we choose to utilise Google’s Remarketing feature in the future) enable targeted interest-based website advertising to you.
- To find out how you can control the information that is shared by your web browser when you visit or interact with Google services on partners sites on the web, please see the information on the Google partners’ privacy page. Alternatively, visit Google’s Analytics opt-out page. For Facebook please review your personal Privacy Settings on Facebook, that define what kind of information you share with third parties.
- You can take advantage of a wide range of Browser Features or Browser Plugins, that gives you better control what kind of “Cookies” and “Pixels” are shared.
We use these measurements to learn about how users overall use our website and improve our website to create a more user-friendly experience.
As well we use these measurements to allow us to promote our Services and share new Information about us on Google and Facebook. For example, a User maybe sees a Google Ad when you are in the Kapiti Region or you see a Facebook Ad because a User was recently on one of our Webpages. We did not know the User by Name – Google & Facebook did not share this information with us. This mechanism is named “Targeting” and allow Companies to reach Customers that are specifically interested in the promoted services. This allows us to reach new and existing Customers for Ad Budget. Lower Costs implicate, we can offer our services for a lower rate.
As well we use a Heatmap tool to optimize our Website. Heatmap collects anonymous data showing us, what parts our users overall are interested in. It did not show us what an individual user do on our website.
Protect your data
Updating your personal information
You have the right to seek access to and to update the personal information that we hold about you. If you make an access request we will ask you to verify your identity. If you would like to seek access to personal information that we hold about you or if you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, you can contact us.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information or to have it corrected, please contact us at [email protected] or mail us,
Deleting your personal information
When you are registered in our Booking Software and want to delete your data, please contact us at [email protected] or mail us. We will delete all data of you and your pets and will only keep the Invoices regarding our obligations for the IRD.
We may from time to time and at our discretion review and update this policy, including taking account of any change in the law, new technology and/or changes to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recent policy. Any changes will take effect immediately once they are posted on our website. We will also specify the date of the last update.
Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and ask us to correct or delete any of your personal information provided to us in connection with your use of this website. When you use our Booking System, you can log in using your Access Credentials and review and change all the information by yourself.
As an alternative, you can contact us if you would like to see or change your personal information that you provided, or If you have a privacy complaint.
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner. Contact details for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner are available on privacy.org.nz.
Dated 10/7/2019 (V1.3)